Do you want to download movies and TV shows to watch offline? Here you will learn how to download streaming content, rental and purchased movies/TV shows from Amazon Prime Video to MP4/MKV format. Thus, you can transfer and watch Amazon Prime Videos offline on any device, anytime, anywhere!
Streaming movies and shows on Amazon Prime Video is great, but do you want to download Amazon Prime videos to watch offline? Amazon Prime Video is a popular subscription video on-demand over-the-top streaming and rental service. You can either download movies and shows on Amazon Prime Video app with a subscription, or download purchased and rented titles to compatible devices. Today in this article, we are going to show you different methods to download and watch Amazon Prime video offline, on your smartphone, tablet, Fire tablet, desktop, or even any device.
A subscription account: You need a valid Prime Video membership.
A compatible device: You need to install the Amazon Prime Video App on iOS (running iOS 9.3 and later), Android (running Android 4.1 and later and), macOS (macOS Big Sur 11.4 or above systems), or Windows 10, Fire tablet in advance.
Rented or Purchased Prime video: If you’ve rented or purchased movies and TV shows, you can download it to watch offline.
Watching Amazon Prime offline is handy when you’re on a train or on a long flight. At this time, we can download Amazon Prime videos on mobile devices in advance. Then you can play Amazon Prime videos offline when you don’t have internet connection. You can refer to the detailed steps below:
1)Download and Watch Prime Video Offline on Mobile with Prime Member
Step 1. Open Amazon Prime Video app on your iOS, Android or Fire tablet, sign with your Prime member account.
Step 2. Find the movie or TV series you want to download, and open it.
Step 3. Tap “Download” button below to the video. Choose the desired video quality, tap “Start download”.
Step 4. When the download is complete, tap “Download” icon at the bottom of the screen, and you can watch Prime videos offline.
2)Download Purchased or Rental Movie/TV Show to Watch Offline
Step 1. Open the Prime app, go to the menu bar and choose “Video Library”.
Step 2. Tap “Movies” or “TV Shows” at the top.
Step 3. Find and tap on your movie or TV show, and click the “Download” button in the right side.
Step 4. Under the “Download Options”, select your perfect file size (Best, Better, Good, or Data Saver).
Step 5. You can see the download progress bar on the right.
Step 6. When finished, tap “Complete” > “Take me to the downloads page”.
Step 7. Go to the Menu bar again, choose “Downloads” and play the downloaded Prime video offline!
Compared with rival Netflix, Amazon Prime Video has added download function for Mac computers. You can download Amazon Prime video to your PC or Mac, and watch it offline. Follow the steps below to perform it.
Step 1. Open the Amazon Prime Video app on your Windows 11 or macOS Big Sur 11.4 or above.
Step 2. You need to log into your Amazon Prime member account.
Step 3. Tap a movie or TV show you like, and click the “Download” button
Tips: You can also download your purchased or rental movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime for Windows 10 app or Mac, and then watch Amazon Prime offline at will.
You can download Amazon Prime video for offline viewing as you have been a Prime video subscription or purchased/rented videos on it. However, you should notice that the device, playback and download time limitation on it.
* Device Limit: You can only download Amazon Prime Video for offline viewing on Amazon Prime Video app on a few compatible devices. And the Prime videos can’t be downloaded to more than four devices at the same time.
* Playback Limit: Even if you’ve downloaded titles, you can only watch them within the Prime app, let alone move them to other devices for playback.
* Download Time Limit: Actually, the downloaded titles on Amazon Prime can only be last for 30 days. After your first play, you only have 48 hours to finish watching it.
* Quantity Limited: You can only download a maximum of 15-25 Videos across your Amazon account. And not all video content is available for download.
To bypass these restrictions and watch Amazon Prime offline on all your devices, you can use a tool to download Amazon Prime videos to MP4. Here we bring this powerful Amazon Prime Video Downloader, called TunesBank Amazon Video Downloader.
Best Amazon Prime Video Downloader for Windows & Mac
TunesBank Amazon Video Downloader is skilled at removing DRM from Amazon Prime Video, and download any Prime videos to MP4, MKV video format. With its help, users can easily download Amazon Prime Video movies, TV shows, sports, Originals, Channels, as well as rentals/purchases to HD MP4 locally.
Another advantage is that it will preserve multilingual subtitle and audio track in downloaded videos. The download Prime videos will be permanently saved on your local drive, you can watch Prime videos offline with other players at any time. Also, you could transfer the Prime videos to your MP4 player, USB drive, smartphone, tablet, smart TV, game consoles, car player and more devices for offline playback!
Features of TunesBank Amazon Video Downloader:
- Download Amazon Prime movies and TV shows to computer to watch offline anytime.
- Save Amazon Prime videos as MP4, MKV files.
- Download Amazon Prime videos with HD quality kept.
- Supports batch download and up to 10X faster speed.
- Built-in web browser for direct search for any video.
- Offers multilingual subtitle & audio language selections.
- Watch Amazon Prime movies and TV shows offline on computer without Amazon Prime app.
- Transfer Amazon Prime videos to any device for offline playback.
How to Download and Watch Amazon Prime Video Offline?
Step 1. Run TunesBank Amazon Video Downloader
After installation, launch TunesBank Amazon Video Downloader. Sign with your Amazon account to enter its in-built Amazon Prime Video web browser.
Step 2. Add Amazon Prime Video
Once the login is completed, you can add any movie or TV show by typing the name in the Search bar.
Or you can copy the video URL from Amazon Prime app or web player. Then paste the URL to TunesBank’s program, and click the “Search” icon to locate it.
Step 3. Set Output Parameters
Next, you need to choose video format for Amazon Prime videos. Click “Gear” icon at the upper right corner. In the pop-up window, choose MP4 in “Video format” option.
By the way, you may also set other video parameters according to your needs.
Step 4. Start Downloading Amazon Prime Videos
Once all settings are completed, eventually, click on the “Download” button to start the download process.
Step 5. Watch Amazon Prime Videos Offline
When finished, you can tap “History” tab to get the well downloaded Prime videos. Click the blue folder icon, you can watch Prime video offline through other players (like iTunes, Windows Media Player, VLC, QuickTime, etc).
In addition, you can transfer these downloaded Prime videos to your iPhone, iPad via iTunes. Or move them to your USB drive, Android using USB cable.
- How to Convert Spotify Music to MP3 Format
- Download Spotify Music without Premium
- Download Spotify Podcast without Premium
- Spotify Ripper – Rip Spotify Music to MP3
- How to Download Songs from Spotify for Free
- How to Remove DRM from Spotify Music
- How to Download Spotify Music to MP3 on Mac
- How to Block Ads on Spotify Music Songs
- How to Save All Your Favorite Songs Forever
- Download Spotify Music to MP3 Player
- How to Download Spotify Music to iPods
- How to Burn Spotify Music to CD
- How to Transfer Spotify Playlist to iTunes