Do you want to listen to Audible audiobooks on MP3 players, iPod devices freely? This article will show you 10 easy ways to convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 format fast, free and online, so that you can listen to Audible audiobooks on offline on any device everywhere.
“Hi, I am new to Audible. I am confused that I can’t transfer the downloaded Audible Audiobooks to my Sony Walkman. Can I convert my Audible audiobooks to MP3 files and then transfer to the Sony Walkman?”
Today, most of us prefer to listen to audiobooks on Audible. If the Audible allowed users to listen to Audible Audiobooks on any any devices such as MP3 players, iPod nano, Sony Walkman, PSP, etc. instead of limit devices, it might be more convenient for us, but this is not the case. The fact is that all audiobooks you download from Audible are in AA or AAX format encrypted with DRM. You can’t find an option to download audiobooks from Audible to MP3. To play Audible audiobook on non-audible-approved devices, the best way is to convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3, M4A format. We showed you an detailed tutorial on how to convert Audible Audiobooks to M4A before. Today, we will introduce 10 effective ways to convert Audible books to MP3 format on Mac or Windows computer.
How to Convert Apple Music to MP3
- Part 1. Why Converting Audible Audiobooks to MP3?
- Part 2. Best 10 Ways to Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 Fast, Free, Online
- Way 1. Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 via TunesBank Audible Converter
- Way 2. Convert Audible Books to MP3 via UkeySoft Audible Converter
- Way 3. Convert Audible Books to MP3 via TunesBank Apple Music Converter
- Way 4. Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 via Audio Recorder
- Way 5. Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 via iTunes CD Burning Function
- Way 6. Rip Audible to MP3 by Online Recorder
- Way 7. Convert Audible AAX to MP3 via AAX to MP3 Converter
- Way 8. Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 via Online Audio Converter
- Way 9. Convert Audible AAX to MP3 via AnyConv Online Converter
- Way 10. Convert Audible Books to MP3 with Convertio Online Converter
- Part 3. Advantages of Converting Audible Audiobook to MP3
- Part 4. FAQs about Audible Audiobook to MP3
You may be confused, why convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 instead of other audio formats? As the most popular audio format, the MP3 format is compatible with almost all types of devices and players. However, when you search for the answer to convert Audible files to MP3 on the Audible Help Center, you will find that there is no exact answer. Before converting Audible files to MP3, you can only play Audible Audiobooks on a few authorized devices through Audible app or iTunes. By converting Audible books to MP3, you can enjoy Audible books freely and listen to Audible offline on any device without Audible account! For more benefits and advantages, you can turn to Part 2. Next, we will show you the ultimate guide to conver Audible AA, AAX Audiobooks to MP3 audios fast, free and online.
To convert AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3, you can use a professional Audiobook to MP3 Converter – TunesBank Audible Converter. TunesBank Audible Converter is specially designed to remove Audible DRM and convert Audible audiobooks from AA/AAX format to MP3, M4A, FLAC and WAV formats, and maintain 100% lossless quality. It is an easy-to-use and straightforward tool that allows you to convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 without iTunes and Audible authentication. By using advanced technology, it not only supports converting Audible audiobooks to MP3 at 100 times the speed, but also maintains the complete chapter and ID3 tag information in the output MP3 files. More over, it also enables you to split big Audible file into small parts by chapter, time, and edit the ID3 tags like book cover, artist, album, comment, etc.
Step-by-step: Convert Audible Audiobook to MP3 Losslessly
Step 1. Install and Run TunesBank Audible Converter
First of all, download and install TunesBank Audible Converter on Mac or Windows computer. Here we take Mac version as example. Then run the progam. You will see its simple interface.
Note: To get mp3 audiobook files from Audible, please download Audible Audiobooks to PC/Mac computer in advance.
Step 2. Import Audible AAX Audiobooks to TunesBank
Now click the icon of the interface to import the Audible books you want to convert. Or directly drag and drop the downloaded Audible AAX files to TunesBank interface.
Step 3. Select MP3 Format for Audible Audiobooks
Go to the menu bar in the upper right corner, select the “Output Settings”. In the pop up window, you can select MP3 as output format, adjust the bitrate and samplerate, etc.
Tips: TunesBank allows you to batch convert Audible books to different formats at once, you can select the desired format in the “Output Format” next to each book.
Option Step – Convert Audible Audiobook to MP3 with Chapter
To split the Audible book, you can do it under the “Split” section.
Step 4. Start Converting Audible Books to MP3
Hit on the “Convert All” button to start conversion. Then TunesBank software will immediately unlock Audible DRM and convert the AAX files to MP3 format with original quality.
After conversion, you can go to “Completed” option to get the converted Audible MP3 files. Now you can transfer and listen to Audible audiobooks offline on any device without the Audible app.
1. Easy to use, no iTunes and Audible authentication are required.
2. Convert Audible books to MP3, M4A, FLAC, WAV losslessly.
3. Keep chapter, ID tags and metadata info in output MP3/M4A files.
4. Edit the ID3 tags and metadata according to your needs.
5. Support separate audiobooks by chapter, time.
6. Up to 100X faster speed and batch conversion.
7. Lossless output quality, can customize bitrate to 320kbps and sample rate to 48000Hz.
8. Supports both Windows and Mac, including Mac OS Big Sur.
1. Only works in converting Audible audiobooks.
2. Not free, but its free trial allows to convert 2 Audible books completely for free in 15 days.
UkeySoft Audible Converter is also a great and popular Audible to MP3 Converter you can’t miss. It has the ability to crack Audible DRM and convert Audible AA, AAX Audiobooks to MP3, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG, AIFF and more formats on Mac and Windows computer. Amazingly, it is able to work at 100X quicker speed when converting Audible Audiobooks to MP3 at the same time keep original quality, ID3 tags and chapters. During the whole process, you don’t need to launch iTunes and authorize Audible account!
Like TunesBank Audible Converter software, UkeySoft Audible Converter also supports to customize output quality and edit ID3 tag as you like. Splitting function is perfectly added so that you can cut the large audiobooks to small parts.
How to Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 with UkeySoft?
Step 1. Open UkeySoft Audible Converter, click “Add” button or drag & drop to add the downloaded Audible AA,AAX files to the program.
Step 2. Click “Options” to set the output parameters like format, bitrate, sample rate, or split the audiobooks. Here you need to select MP3 as output format.
Step 3. After the above settings, hit on “Convert” button to begin to convert DRM-ed Audible Audiobooks to MP3 with high quality. After the conversion is completed, click “History” to get the converted Audible MP3 files.
1. Convert Audible files without iTunes and Audible authentication.
2. Convert Audible Books to MP3, M4A, M4B, FLAC and more formats.
3. Lossless output quality and customize output parameters.
4. Keep chapter info and ID3 tags, and you can change ID3 tags freely.
5. Unbelievable fast conversion speed and batch conversion.
7. Split Audible Audiobooks to multiple parts by chapter, time.
6. Works perfectly on Windows PC and MacOS.
1. A paid software, and its free trial version only allows the first 3 minutes of each audiobook to be converted.
2. A real Audible Audiobook Converter that only works for converting Audible AA and AAX Audiobooks.
3. It will take a long time to load an audiobook for the first time, but it will be normal in the next time.
Comparison: TunesBank Audible Converter Vs. UkeySoft Audible Converter
The biggest difference between TunesBank Audible Converter and UkeySoft Audible Converter is the output format and price. But these two softwares are worth trying. They are the best, most professional and most powerful of the dozens of software I tested!
Output Format – TunesBank Audible Converter allows users to set different output formats for each audiobook, and UkeySoft Audible Converter provides more output formats!
Price – TunesBank Audible Converter costs $34.95 for 1 PC/Mac lifetime, and UkeySoft Audible Converter costs $29.95 for 1 PC/Mac lifetime. The free trial of TunesBank lets you fully convert 2 Audible Audiobooks, and UkeySoft’s free trial only allows to convert the first 3 minutes of audiobook.
TunesBank Apple Music Converter is an all-in-one Apple Music Converter and Audiobook to MP3 Converter. With it, you can easily get rid of DRM lock from Audible and convert Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3, M4A, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC format with keeping original quality. This powerful tool not only supports converting Audible audiobooks at up to 16X faster speed on Windows, but also retains chapter and ID3 tag information. With built-in ID3 tags editing function, you can also customize ID3 tags and metadata according to your preferences, such as title, artist, album, genre, etc.
What’s more, this multifunctional tool can also enable you to unlock DRM from iTunes M4B audiobooks, iTunes purchased tracks and Apple Music and convert them to common formats like MP3, M4A, FLAC, etc. For iTunes audiobooks lovers, you can use this great software to convert iTunes videos to MP3 format without any sound quality loss. With using it, you are able to enjoy Audible audiobooks on any device without Audible program or even burn them into a CD!
Key Features of TunesBank Audiobook Converter:
- Remove DRM from Audible Audiobooks and iTunes M4B Audiobooks.
- Convert Audible AA/AAX Audiobook to plain MP3, M4A, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC.
- Convert iTunes M4P music, Audiobooks, Apple Music to MP3, M4A, FLAC.
- Convert Audiobooks at 5-10X faster speed with lossless audio quality.
- Keep complete chapter, ID3 tags and metadata in output MP3/M4A files.
- Listen to Audible audiobooks offline on any device without the Audible app.
Guide: How to Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 Format?
TunesBank Audiobook Converter is highly compatible with the latest Windows 10 and macOS 11 Big Sur, here we will take Windows version as example. Please install the iTunes app on your computer in advance and authorize the Audible account in iTunes.
Step 1. Import Downloaded Audible Audiobooks to iTunes
Start iTunes program on your Mac or Windows PC. Drag and drop the downloaded AA or AAX audiobooks to “Audiobooks”. Or create a new playlist named “Audible Audiobooks”, then import the audiobooks to the new created playlist. Make sure you have authorized Audible account on iTunes. When finished, exit the iTunes program.
Step 2. Launch TunesBank Audiobook Converter
To get MP3 audiobook files, please download and install TunesBank Audiobook Converter on the Mac or Windows. When you run the TunesBank program, it will automatically launch the iTunes app along with it. Then it will immediately load all the contents of iTunes, including the audiobook, music, music videos.
Step 3. Choose Audible Books to Convert
Now tap the “Audiobooks” or “Audible Audiobooks” in the left side, then all the audiobook will show in the right section, select the audiobooks by ticking the checkbox. Or type the book title in the Search Box.
Step 4. Select MP3 as Output Format
Move to the bottom of the interface, select the MP3 format in the “Output Format” option. Also, you can customize other Output Settings like Output Quality, Output Folder, Output Path, Bitrate (up to 320kbps), Sample Rate if needed.
Tips: To edit the tile, artist, albums, etc., please click “Metadata” option.
Step 5. Start Converting Audible Audiobooks to MP3 Format
After customizing the output settings, hit on the “Convert” button to start converting Audible Audiobooks as MP3 files with lossless quality.
After conversion is complete, you can click “Finished”, and click “View Output File” to find the converted Audible MP3 files.
1. Remove DRM from Audible Audiobooks and iTunes M4B Audiobooks.
2. Convert Audible AA/AAX Audiobook to plain MP3, M4A, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC.
3. Convert iTunes M4P music, Audiobooks, Apple Music to MP3, M4A, FLAC.
4. Convert Audiobooks at 5-10X faster speed with lossless audio quality.
5. Keep and edit ID3 tags and metadata of audiobooks.
6. Preserve original quality and customize output quality.
1. Required iTunes app and Audible authentication.
2. A paid software, but offers free trial.
Audio Recorder is a popular screen audio & video recorder that supports to record Audible audiobooks and rip Audible to MP3 format. In addition to recording Audible audiobooks, it also enables you to record everything played on the screen with high quality. For example, you can use it to record YouTube videos, Apple Music, Spotify Music, etc.
Guide: Record and Save Audible Audiobooks as MP3
Step 1. Install and launch Audio Recorder on PC or Mac. To save Audible audiobooks as MP3 files, please select “Audio Recorder” function.
Step 2. Turn on the “System Sound, and turn off the “Microphone.
Step 3. Go to menu bar, select “Preferences” > “Output”, pick the MP3 format.
Step 4. Now play the Audible audiobooks you want o record on iTunes or Books (MacOS 10.15 Catalina), and tap on the “Rec” on the program.
1. Easy to use.
2. Supports to record online videos, audiobooks, movies, music, etc.
3. Capture any activity screen on Mac/Windows.
4. Take screenshot.
5. Offers various output audio/video quality.
1.Not free, but offer free trial.
2. A little slowly, 1:1 recording speed.
Can you convert Audible audio books to MP3 using iTunes? The answer is positive. As you know, we can burn music into a CD on iTunes. Similarly, we can burn Audible audiobooks into a CD on iTunes! But the whole process is a little bit complex. you can try the following steps.
- A blank CD.
- The latest version of iTunes.
- A Mac or Windows PC with CD drive (or you can get an external CD / DVD drive).
How to Burn Audible Audiobooks to MP3 CD on iTunes
Step 1. Launch the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac. Then you need to authorize your Audible account on iTunes. Just click “Account” > “Authorization” > “Authorize This Computer”.
Ste 2. Next, create a new playlist on iTunes. Tap “File” > “New” > “Playlist”, and name it “my audiobook”. Then drag the .aa or .aax audiobooks to the playlist.
Step 3. Insert a blank CD to your compuer. Select the audiobook playlist, right-click on it, choose “Burn Playlist to Disc”. Then adjust the speed, and select “MP3 CD”. Tap on the “Burn” button.
Step 4. Open “General Preferences” and select “Edit”> “Preferences”. Then click “Import Settings” and make sure you select “MP3 Encoder”. Press “OK” to save the changes.
Step 5. When finished, take out the CD.
Step 6. Now, reinsert the burned audiobook CD to the CD drive. iTunes will recognize the CD and show you the “Audio CD” screen. Choose “Import CD”. iTunes will begin to import the MP3 audios back to your iTunes library.
Step 6. Wait a moment, when you see the picture below, a small green check mark appears next to the audio track. Congratulations, you have successfully ripped Audible audiobooks in MP3 format from the CD!
2. The output quality is high.
3. You can burn Audible books to CD to play in the car.
1. This process is a bit complicated.
2. You need to authorize your Audible account on iTunes.
3. This may waste your CD, you need to spend some money on the CD. Because almost all Audible audiobooks are very long.
Online Voice Recorder is another free audio recorder that can help you record audios on computer and save it as an mp3 files. By using it, you can rip Audible books to MP3 audios online. However, it takes a long time to rip MP3 audio from Audible books. 1:1 recording speed is much slower than TunesBank Audible Converter. Meanwhile, it can’t help to keep the ID3 tags and chapter info of audiobooks.
How to Rip Audible Books to MP3 Online?
Step 1. Navigate to its website on the browser.
Step 2. If ready, hit the “Microphone” to start recording.
Step 3. Now begin to play the Audible Audiobooks on iTunes or Audible app on your PC/Mac.
Step 4. When finished, click “Save” to save Audible books as MP3 files.
2. Online voice recorder, no need to install any software
3. Supports to record any audio on computer.
1. Works at 1:1 recording speed.
2. Can’t record multiple audiobooks at the same time.
3. Will lose ID3 tags and chapters in output files.
3. Limited output quality.
To convert Audible AAX to MP3, you can try the Audible AAX to MP3 converter. This is a free Audible AAX to MP3 from https://sourceforge.net/, the quality is slightly reduced. It does not require you to use extra iTunes app to convert Audible audiobooks, but the operation process is a bit complicated. You can follow the steps below.
Guide: How to Convert Audible AAX to MP3
Step 1. Download and install Audible Manager on your computer. Then open the downloaded Audible file.
Step 2. Download and install this AAX to MP3 Converter on your computer.
Step 3. Log in to your Audible account in the application, and then launch Aax2Mp3 (AaxToMp3GUI.exe).
Step 4. Manually select the Audible audiobook file to be converted. If you are ready, press on the “Convert” button.
Step 5. The output MP3 file will be found in the same folder as the AAX file.
A free and open-source audio converter
1. The user interface of the software is only available in German.
2. Can’t convert Audible to MP3 100% successfully.
3. The audio quality of the converted audiobook file is slightly degraded.
4. The developer has not updated the software since 2019-08-25
Is there any way to convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 online without installing any third-party software? Yes, Online Audio Converter is a online service that allows you to convert your Audible audiobooks to MP3 files. You can try its free trial.
Easy Steps to Convert Audible Audiobook to MP3 Format Online
Step 1. Open your browser and search Online Audio Converter. Then enter its website.
Step 2. Directly drag and drop the AA/AAX files from the local drive, Google Drive, etc.
Step 3. Select MP3 format and the quality according to your needs.
Step 4. Now hit on “Converter” to save Audible audiobooks as MP3 files.
1. A free online service.
2. Allows you to add Audible audiobooks from the local computer, Google Drive, Drophox, URL.
1. The page contains a lot of advertisements.
2. It only supports to convert the audio file less than 10MB. You are not allowed to convert a large size of audible files.
3. Not stable, you need to maintain a smooth internet connection during the entire process, otherwise the conversion process may be interrupted.
AnyConv File Converter is another AAX to MP3 Converter which allows you convert Audible AAX to MP3 online, as well as M4A, AAC and other formats. It is a free online converter tool for computer and mobile devices. To use it to convert Audible audio books to MP3, you can’t upload the file size over 100MB.
How to Convert Audible AAX to MP3 Online?
Step 1. Go to AnyConv’s page on your computer or mobile devices.
Step 2. Click “Choose File” to upload the downloaded AAX files, and choose MP3 as output format.
Step 3. Wait patiently for the analysis, this process takes a long time.
Step 4. After the analysis is complete, click “DOWNLOAD .MP3” to download Audible books to MP3.
1. Free online service.
2. Supports multiple output formats.
3. Can convert ebooks, documents, images, audios, videos, etc.
1. The converted audio quality is lower.
2. The maximum file size you can convert is 100MB.
3. It takes a long time to analyze uploaded audiobooks.
To convert Audible to MP3 free, you can also try the Convertio File Converter. You don’t need to download and install any software. It supports you to add the audio files from your computer, Dropbox, and Google Drive to its page, quite easy and convenient. The disadvantage is that it can only convert audio files smaller than 100MB. For long-hour Audible Audiobooks,
How to Convert Audible Files to MP3 Online?
Step 1. Visit Convertio website on browser, then drag and drop the Audible AA/AAX files to its page.
Step 2. Select MP3 as the output format and set the output quality and other settings.
Step 3. Click the “Convert” button to start conversion.
1. Free online service.
2. Offers various output formats.
1. You can’t upload files larger than 100MB.
2. The upload process will take some time.
3. To convert unlimited file size, it requires a subscription. So why not try TunesBank Audible Converter or UkeySoft Audible Converter?
4. The converted audiobooks will degrade the sound quality.
Now, we have got MP3 files from Audible books. What can we do with Audible to MP3 files? Now, you can use, enjoy, control, share Audible Audiobooks more freely.
1. Transfer Audible books to any devices that don’t have an Audible app or iTunes.
2. Play Audible books on any device and player, like MP3 Player, Sony Walkman, iRiver, Kindle, Android tablets, iOS, iPods, PS4, PS5, PSP, smartwatch, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, etc.
3. Save Audible files on local computer and devices forever and listen to them anytime!
4. Enjoy Audible books on multiple devices simultaneously without the Amazon Household account.
5. Burn Audible Audiobooks to CD using iTunes, Windows Media Player or VLC media player.
6. Save Audible files to USB drive, SD card to play in the car or other portable devices with USB port.
7. Set Audible sleep timer on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac freely.
8. Upload Audible books to Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud Drive, iTunes, etc. for backup.
9. Listen to Audible on any smart speakers, smart TVs via USB drive.
In short, there are many advantages to converting Audible books to MP3 files. Just follow the 10 methods above and try. Hope you can listen to Audible Audiobooks offline on any device you want.
Here we have collected some common questions about converting Audible files to MP3 for unlimited playback. We also try our best to provide you with some answers for your reference.
Q1: How do I convert AAX to MP3 for free?
A: If you want to convert Audible to MP3 for free, you can use the online service or free converters.
Q2: How do I transfer Audible to MP3 player?
A: Not all MP3 players are compatible with Audible AA and AAX files. In order to convert Audible to MP3 for free, you can use the online converters.
Q3: How do I Convert Audible to MP3 with Chapters?
A: Actually, there is no a free tool or online service can help you convert Audible books to MP3 with chapter kept. To convert Audible to MP3 with original chapters preserved, you can use these professional TunesBank Audible Converter or UkeySoft Audible Converter.
Q4: What is the Best Audible to MP3 Converter?
A: TunesBank Audible Converter is the best Audible to MP3 converter. It stands out among all Audible Audiobook Converters we tested with its lossless conversion, super fast conversion speed, built-in split function and ID3 editor.
With the help of these awesome Audible Audiobook Converters, you can easily convert DRM-ed Audible Audiobooks to MP3, M4A, FLAC popular formats with high quality. Compare with the output quality, conversion speed, ease of use, output format, there is no doubt that the TunesBank Audible Converter is the best Audible Audiobook to MP3 Converter, and then the UkeySoft Audible Converter and TunesBank Apple Music Converter. To record audiobooks, online audios and video, the Audio Recorder is also a good choice. If you want to get MP3 audios from Audible for free, then you can use iTunes or other online services, but the operation is more complicated and there are some limitations. You can choose the most suitable one according to your needs. If you have better suggestions, please leave a message. If you like this article, please share it on your social media!
Download TunesBank Audible Converter for Mac/PC:
Now you can transfer the converted audiobook MP3 files to any device for offline enjoying, such as MP3 players, Sandisks, Sony Walkman, iPod Nano/Shuffle/Classic/Touch, PSP, PS4, Creative Zen, Kindle, iRiver, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc. To play the audiobooks on the car player, you can even burn the converted MP3 files to CD, or save them in the USB drive!