Want to listen to Audible audiobooks on your MP3 player, iPod or other portable devices? This article will share you 3 ways to convert Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3 format without losing any audio quality, helping you enjoy audiobooks on any devices and tablets.
Audiobooks makes it easier for us to get more reading in our daily lives. When it comes to the popular audiobook provider, Audible is our first choice. However, it is a pity that all downloaded Audible audiobooks are AA/AAX format with DRM protection encoded. Users can only play Audible audiobooks on devices authorized with an Audible account. If you want to listen to Audible audiobook on MP3 player, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod classic, Sony Walkman, PS4 or other portable devices, the best way is to break Audiobook DRM and convert Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3 format. However, How to convert Audible AA or AAX Audiobooks to MP3 files? This article will teach you 3 effective Audible to MP3 conversion solutions.
Well, MP3 format is a universal audio file type supported by most players, devices and tablets, such as MP3 players, iPods, Kindle, iRiver, Sony Walkman, SanDisk, Android, iPhone, iPad, etc. So how can you convert Audible Audiobooks as MP3 files? Unfortunately, Audible does not provide an option for you to convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 files. In such case, you can use a third-party tool for help, here you meet 3 great Audible to MP3 Converter. Keep reading!
TunesBank Audible Converter is all-in-one tool that not only enables you to remove the DRM from Audible audiobooks without iTunes and Audible authentication, but also supports you to convert Audible AA and AAX audiobooks to MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV with zero quality loss. With the special technique, TunesBank Audible Converter can convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, M4A formats at 100X super fast speed. It takes less than 2 minutes to convert a 8-hour audiobooks.
It is worth mentioning that it lets you split books into multiple segments averagely by chapter, time. What more’s it is capable of converting AA/AAX Audible to MP3 with all ID3 tags and metadata kept, and you can even edit the ID3 tags as you like. Therefore, this software will be your best Audible to MP3 Converter that can help to play Audible audiobook on non-audible-approved devices, including MP3 player, Sony Walkman, iPod Nano, iRiver, Kindle, iPhone, Android, etc.
Outstanding Features of TunesBank Audible to MP3 Converter:
- Require no iTunes & Audible account authorization.
- Remove DRM from Audible AA and AAX files.
- Convert AA/AAX to MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV.
- Convert Audible at 50X speed, lossless conversion.
- Convert Audible AA/AAX audiobook to MP3 in batch.
- Preserve all ID3 tags, metadata in output MP3 files.
- Split Audible audio book by chapters, time frame.
Step-by-step: Convert Audible AAA/AX Audiobooks to MP3
Step 1. Install and Run TunesBank Audible Converter
Click the “Download” button above, install TunesBank Audible Converter on your Mac or Windows computer. Then run the program, you will see it has a simple interface.
Step 2. Import Audible AAX / AA Audiobooks to TunesBank
Now directly drag and drop the AAX or AAX files from the computer to TunesBank interface.
Also, you can click the icon to selelct the AAX or AAX files you want to convert.
Step 3. Select MP3 Format fo Audible Audiobooks
Amazingly, TunesBank allows you to select different format for each audiobook. Or you can choose the “Output Settings” from the menu bar, and select MP3 as the output format, change the sample rate, bitrate, and split the audiobooks as needed.
Step 4. Start Converting AA/AAX to MP3
If everything is ready, press on the “Covert All” button to let the tool start to remove Audible DRM and convert Audible AA/AAX files to MP3 with lossless quality loss.
After conversion, go to the “Converted” to get the high-quality Audible MP33 files.
1. Easy to use with a clean and simple interface.
2. No need to launch iTunes and authorize Audible account.
3. Convert Audible books to various formats with no quality loss.
4. Allows you to choose a different format for each audiobook.
5. Remain and edit ID3 tags, metadata like cover, artist, album, etc.
6. Supports 50X faster speed and batch conversion, multi-Language.
7. Split audiobooks into multiple parts by chapters, time, segments.
8. Customize output quality, up to 320kbps bitrate and 48000Hz sample rate.
1. Only works in converting Audible AA/AAX file.
2. Only available on Windows and Mac.
TunesBank Apple Music Converter is a powerful Audible DRM Removal and Audible XX/AAX to MP3 Converter with excellent features. It not only supports you to remove Audible DRM losslessly, but also allows you to convert DRM-protected AA/AAX books to MP3, M4A, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC with 100% original quality preserved. In addition, it will keep complete chapters and all ID3 tags in the output MP3/M4A files, such as book cover, title, duration, artist, album and type, etc., and you can even edit the metadata as you prefer.
By applying advanced technique, this perfect Audible converter is supposed to convert Audible audiobooks at 5-10X super fast speed on your Mac/Windows, saving your time. Moreover, it’s also an excellent Apple Music Converter and iTunes Converter, which enables you to convert Apple Music M4P songs, iTunes purchased M4P music, iTunes M4B audiobooks to MP3, M4A, FLAC, etc. Lets’ see how it works!
More Features of TunesBank Audiobook Converter:
- Convert Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3, M4A, AC3, AIFF, AU, FLAC.
- Convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3 with 100% original quality preserved.
- Convert iTunes M4B/M4P audiobooks to MP3, M4A, etc.
- Losslessly Convet Apple Music, iTunes M4P music to MP3, M4A, etc.
- Remove DRM from Audible Audiobooks and iTunes Audiobooks.
- Automatically load all audiobooks from iTunes library, no need to install Audible app.
- Remain chapter, all ID3 tags and metadata in output MP3 and M4A files.
- Convert Audiobooks to plain MP3 files for offline listening on any device.
- Enjoy Audible Audiobooks on MP3 player, iPods, Kindle, etc. without Audible app.
- Lets you burn Audible Audiobooks to a CD on iTunes or Windows Media Player.
- Full compatible with the latest Windows 10 and macOS 11 Big Sur.
- Works well with the latest version of iTunes.
Guide: How to Convert Audible Audiobooks to MP3 Format?
If you’re a Amazon audible users, you many have downloaded AA or AAX files from Audible platform, just follow the below steps to convert your downloaded AA or AAX audiobooks to MP3 with TunesBank, it’s so easy!
If you haven’t download AA/AAX audiobooks, please visit audible.com, log in with your own account, then search, add, purchase, switch to “Library” and you will see all the purchased audiobooks you bought from audible library, then download AA/AAX files to your computers.
Related guide: How to download AA/AAX audiobooks from Audible
Tips: Amazon Audible also offers lots of free audiobooks and “Free with 30-day trial” audiobooks, you can search “free audiobooks” to get free audio books from Audible.
Step 1. Add Audible Audiobooks to iTunes Library
First of all, download the AA/AAX audiobooks from Audible.com to your Windows or MacOS. Next, create a new playlist named “Audible Audiobooks” in iTunes, then directly drag and drop the downloaded Audible AA or AAX Audiobooks to the new created playlist.
Step 2. Authorize an iTunes with your Audible Account
After adding AA or AAX audiobooks to the iTunes library, please log in with your Audible account to authorize the iTunes, making sure the iTunes can play those Audible audiobook files before converting.
If you can play those added AA/AAX files with iTunes after Audible account authorization, then close the the iTunes application and go ahead.
Step 3. Launch TunesBank Audiobook Converter
Now, download and install TunesBank Audiobook Converter on your Mac or PC. When you launch TunesBank program, iTunes app will be launched automatically. Then TunesBank will load all the contents of iTunes library, including the Audiobooks, Audible Audiobooks, music, music videos, etc.
Step 4. Select Audible Audiobooks to Convert
Click the “Audible Audiobooks” in the left side, then select the desired audio books by ticking the check box. Or use the Search Box to search the audiobooks.
Step 5. Output Settings
Output Formats: In the bottom of the interface, select MP3 in the “Output Format” option, the software also supports 8 output formats: MP3, M4A, AAC, AC3, AIFF and AU. If you want to convert Audible AA/AAX files to MP3 for playing on any MP3 player, please choose MP3 as format you want. In addition, it will preserve Audiobook chapter information to M4A/MP3 output files.
Output Audio Quality: Also, you can change the Output Quality, Bitrate(up to 320kbps), Sample Rate, Channels, etc. as your needed.
Edit Metadata: You can edit ID3 tags including title, artist, album art, etc. easily in the “Metadata” section.
Step 6. Start Converting Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3
Hit on the “Convert” button to start to convert Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3 losslessly. During the process, TunesBank allows you to turn back to the “Library” to add more audiobooks!
Please be patient for a few minutes. After conversion, please go to “Finished” section, click “View Output File” to locate the converted Audiobooks.
1. A simple and neat interface.
2. Lossloss output quality and customize output quality.
3. Batch conversion, up to 10X conversion speed.
4. ID tags and metadata information kept in MP3/M4A output files.
5. Extract MP3 audios from iTunes movies, music videos, TV shows.
6. Support conversion of Audible audiobooks, iTunes audiobooks, Apple Music and iTunes music.
1. iTunes app and Audible authentication are required.
2. Unable to divide audiobooks into book chapters.
3. Only works on Windows and Mac computer.
If you don’t want to install any third-party, then you can also covert AA / AAX from paid Audiobook to MP3 format online. Convertio is a free online Audible to MP3 Converter that supports to convert Audible AAX/AA audiobooks to MP3 on your Mac, Windows, Linux, Android or iPhone. Maybe its output quality and running speed are not as good as TunesBank, but it is free!
Step 1. Open the browser, and go to Convertio official website.
Step 2. Click “Choose Files” to import the Audible AA or AAX files from Mac or PC.
Step 3. Next, select the MP3 as output format and adjust the output settings as you like.
Step 4. Finally, hit on “Convert” button to start converting the Audible AAX or AA books to MP3 format for free.
Step 5. When finished, click the “Download” button to save the converted Audible MP3 files on your computer.
1. A free online service.
2. Batch conversion.
3. Customize output quality as needed.
4. Works in Mac, Windows, Linux, Android and iPhone.
1. There are ads on the interface.
2. The conversion speed is much lower than TunesBank.
3. The maximum bit rate only up to 260kbps.
4. Lose ID3 tag data, chapter info, etc. of audiobooks.
5. Splitting audiobooks by chapters is not supported.
The Bottom Line
Even if customers purchase audiobooks from Audible.com, they are not allowed to play DRM-locked .aa and .aax Audible files on non-Audible-approved devices. To use Audible books freely and enjoy them on any device, you can follow the 3 solutions above to convert Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks to MP3 and get MP3 audios from Audible audiobooks. There is no doubt that TunesBank Audible Converter is the most recommended with its lossless output quality, faster conversion speed, user-friendly interface, etc. If you are also an Apple Music and iTunes music lovers, then TunesBank Apple Music Converter is also a good option. To convert Audible AA, AAX to MP3 for free, you can use the free Audible to MP3 Converter. In this way, you could transfer the high-quality converted Audible MP3 files to any devices, such as MP3 player, iPod, Kindle, iRiver, Sony Walkman, iPhone, iPad, Android phones or tablets, etc., then you are able to enjoy your Audible audiobook on your device without Audible app freely!